We are in need of immediate hires in the greater Des Moines, IA area to assist Journeymen sheet metal workers with everyday on-the-job tasks. This entry-level position is the following:
- HOURS: Full-time Employment / 40 hours wk
- PAY: $12-$14/hr
- LOCATION: Employment is based out of Des Moines, IA. Job sites are around Greater Des Moines Metro up to Ames, IA.
This is an excellent avenue to be exposed to what a sheet metal worker does on a daily basis. Although a potential applicant will not be in the apprenticeship program this year (2017), they could be eligible for the Apprenticeship Program in Fall 2018. The Apprenticeship is:
- Four year program that includes working full-time with an industry professional.
- Graduate with no student loan debt (tuition is paid by us).
- Get paid-to-learn during the apprenticeship (you'll earn a salary during the program).
- Guaranteed job placement (your career begins with your apprenticeship).
- Learn from instructors who have hands-on experience in the sheet metal industry.
WHAT IS SHEET METAL?
The sheet metal industry is the only trade that designs, manufactures, and installs its own products. Skilled craftspeople take ordinary types of flat metal and make them into specialized metal products. Members of the trade are proud of its special distinction: They not only build - they create. This video highlights a career in sheet metal. NOTE the position that's available is entry level and can make your eligible for an Apprenticeship.
As with any other field, there are some basic requirements for a career in the sheet metal industry. You'll need a high school or GED diploma. Other skills needed include:
- Must be 18 or older
- High school diploma or equivalency
- A valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen
Type of person we are looking for is:
- Above average mechanical and math skills
- Good physical condition
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Good eye-to-hand coordination
- Ability to work well in teams
- Solid reasoning skills
- Problem solving capability
- Enjoy working with your hands
- Reliable and responsible